Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our helpdesk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Job Openings may not be posted on WEFCOM. Please view the “Employer” link on the WEF.org Job Bank web page
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. Your user id, password, and basic contact information are controlled through your WEF membership credentials.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Water Environment Federation respects the privacy of its members and website visitors and adheres to best practices, applicable U.S. federal laws, and acknowledges the European Union General Data Protection Regulation implementation.
The WEF website collects data to better serve members and other users of our website(s). WEF provides commercially reasonable security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access that leads to alteration, possible disclosure, and/or data destruction. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100 percent secure. Accordingly, WEF cannot and will not guarantee the security of any information on the site.
Information Collected by WEF
Points of Consent
WEF requests opt-out consent for the following:
- Topical WEF Connect Communities
- WEF Newsletters
- Marketing Emails
- Marketing Mailings
- WEF Events Registration Lists
Users may contact WEF at any time to opt-out to the above.
Disclosures to Third Parties
WEF does not sell or rent your personal information to anyone except when:
- We have your opt-in consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you requested; or
- We need to send the information to companies working on behalf of WEF to provide a product or service.
Companies that receive personal information from WEF in order to execute the business of WEF may use personal information only for that purpose.
Credit Card Account Information
WEF’s standard practice does not capture credit card account information online from purchases. Credit card payments are processed directly through a certified processor (i.e. Vantiv.com). Items with auto-renew are encrypted directly with the processor. WEF does not store credit card information.
IP Addresses and Cookies
The WEF website uses IP addresses for analytical purposes. The IP addresses are used to identify geo-location. This information is used for marketing research by WEF and online advertisers. Users can opt out of geo-location identification on their browser settings.
Cookies are used to track site login information, order information and other personalization. In order to use the members-only areas of or personalized features on the WEF website, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
Links to Non-WEF Sites
How to Manage Cookies
How to Enable and Disable Cookies Using Your Browser
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
For all other browsers, please look for a “help” function in your browser or contact the browser provider.
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Water Environment Federation ("WEF").
WEF is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by WEF or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall WEF or its employees be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, discriminatory, harassing or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants WEF and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
WEF does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of WEF, we will take all appropriate action.
WEF reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.